Saturday, December 5, 2009

Wreath Making


I made this wreath last night.  I love all of the craft blogs online and all of the great ideas.   A wreath like this is selling this month at Pottery Barn---costing about $99.  But with some unbreakable balls and a green wreath from Wal-mart, I made it for $19.  You can even make it cheaper if you go to Dollar Tree.  But my friend had all of her ornaments she bought there popping off of their stems.  I decided the extra few dollars was worth it.  I attached the balls with those wire twisty ties that come with my plastic sacks.  I have hundreds in my kitchen drawer, and they worked perfectly.  It was so fast!

Every year I have wanted to buy a big wreath and haven't.  Now I have one!!!!  Thanks to friend Marcie for all of the great make-it-yourself wreath options.  And thanks to "Made with love & glue" for the tutorial.  Mine is such a big wreath that it is a little bushier than the one she made, but I still love it!   

3 comments:

David and Kira said...

That wreath turned out really cute!

Hallway Express said...

I've always wanted a big wreath and haven't splurged yet. Great idea!

marciekoch said...

It looks great! Maybe someday we can actually craft together! :)

Something About Me

IT'S THE LITTLE MOMENTS HERE AND THERE THAT MAKE LIFE WORTH IT! I LIVE FOR THE LITTLE MOMENTS THAT CAN'T BE PREDICTED OR PRODUCED, JUST EXPERIENCED!