Sunday, December 20, 2009

Cable Bridge Run

We did the Cable Bridge Run and it was SO MUCH FUN!  Definitely needs to be a repeat tradition.  Ryan, his dad, and the boys ran the 1 mile part of the race---a three generation run for them.  I ran with two friends--Becky and Kim.  We did the 5K race.  It was a balmy 35 degree day.  Much warmer than the 18 degrees the Saturday before when we did our practice run in the cold to see how many layers we needed!

This picture just doesn't do it justice.  I am running along with my camera above my head snapping a few pictures as we head up and over the bridge (over the Columbia River).  It was awesome.  The adrenaline helps to distract your body about the pain of running up hill the first 1/2 mile of the race!




Here we are right after the race.  I finished 551st out of 1149 --5K runners, and 228th for women.  I feel pretty good about being in the top 1/2  (top 1/3 of all women runners) since it is my third time and only about 5 months of running--not to mention first time running a winter race.







1 comment:

Hallway Express said...

You did it! I need to venture off the treadmill like you and run a race outside. Congrats, you deserve it!

Something About Me

IT'S THE LITTLE MOMENTS HERE AND THERE THAT MAKE LIFE WORTH IT! I LIVE FOR THE LITTLE MOMENTS THAT CAN'T BE PREDICTED OR PRODUCED, JUST EXPERIENCED!