Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Gingerbread Building

We decided to pull out the gingerbread early this year.  It is always great fun and a great mess.  I guess that is why we love to do it.  We are also entering our houses in a competition this year, so we had to get them done in the midst of a very busy week.  But we did it!






2 comments:

Mothership said...

How do you make your gingerbread houses? The one time I tried, mine fell apart (the gingerbread before it ever became a house). Maybe you could post directions!!

Melissa said...

Haaaaa! You give me more credit than I am worth Emily! Wish I could say that I had made the gingerbread. This time we bought kits at Costco (pre shaped walls, frosting, and bags of candy)--comes out cheaper than buying all of the candy. I do have an AWESOME frosting recipe for them though--it is like cement. I have found this to be the key! Growing up, we always made our houses out of graham crackers. They work really well. Funny thing though--the generic brands work best. The name brand ones are too buttery or something--they crumble more easily.

Something About Me

IT'S THE LITTLE MOMENTS HERE AND THERE THAT MAKE LIFE WORTH IT! I LIVE FOR THE LITTLE MOMENTS THAT CAN'T BE PREDICTED OR PRODUCED, JUST EXPERIENCED!