January is a good school month. A lot gets done with few interruptions. We've built water molecules, atoms, and played with matter. We've studied prepositions, linking verbs, subject complements, and practiced our blends. We know Thomas Jefferson a little bit better, read The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, and enjoyed our time with Frog and Toad. We've cut and glued and cried over Old Dan and Little Ann. We learned that we are mammals, and definitely not amphibians, reptiles, birds, insects, or fish. We have delved into the Renaissance, the Egyptians, and Early American Culture. We have almost mastered long division, decimals and percents, and the art of subtraction. We became expert weavers, weaving on our homemade looms. It has been a learning month.
I love how each child is learning such different things, and yet we are all getting to learn from each other too. I feel smarter :)
You caught us.......sometimes we have a "pop" incentive program! We don't drink it with macaroni though, even though the box is there. I am SURE that was for the macaroni eagle art project :)









No comments:
Post a Comment