
Almost two years and 1200 yards of thread later.......I finished one of my current favorite quilts. This quilt is for my girls' queen size bed. I bought the fabric and started cutting out the kazillion pieces when Miriam was in the womb.........and she is pretty big now! I did finish the quilt top last year, but have finally finished machine quilting it! Who knew that 1200 yards of patterned designs could fit on one quilt? So if I have my children trace with their finger along the stitched pathways, will it take as long as running the football field 12 times? I'll have to try it!

Sometimes I do wish I had more than a point and shoot camera. This photo doesn't do it justice at all! This quilt was my first needle turn applique, and I realized I LOVE applique......which doesn't mean I will do it all of the time (because TIME is what it takes!), but I now can do it, and definitely appreciate it.
1 comment:
Melissa it is beautiful. I love it I will have o come and see it sometime in person. I should just pay you to quilt all my projects. hehehe
Post a Comment