Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sharing the work load!

This is Tiger, and her kittens.
Apparently, having seven kittens is a lot of work.
She hired a nanny, our other cat, Pumpkin.

Here is Pumpkin, Tiger, and the kittens all sleeping together.
Pumpkin has been doing all of the sleeping with, cleaning the bums of, and moving around of the kittens.
Tiger does nurse them.
I guess Pumpkin just really loves babies, and wanted some of her own. I understand that. I love to hold other people's new little babies too!

And in case you are wanting a new kitten,
they are almost ready for their new homes,
and they have been HANDLED a lot!
but the little girls don't come with!

3 comments:

marciekoch said...

hey Melissa - we might be interested in a cat or two if they're not already spoken for!

Andrea Lee said...

Thats so cute! the double moms. We had a dog once (a cocker spaniel) that couldn't have babies because she had been run over too many times! (on Taylor Flats Rd., not by us) she would nurse kittens and full grown cats!!! and sometimes she would steal kittens from their mom and lay on them and kill them, on accident. I totally forgot about all that, until now.

Caleb, Rebecca, Jack and Charlie said...

That is the cutest thing ever about your cats! And Whoa! This is the first time in a while since you've put pictures up of Mirium. She looks SOO OLD! I don't like this...I'm COMING!!!...at least I wish I was.

Something About Me

IT'S THE LITTLE MOMENTS HERE AND THERE THAT MAKE LIFE WORTH IT! I LIVE FOR THE LITTLE MOMENTS THAT CAN'T BE PREDICTED OR PRODUCED, JUST EXPERIENCED!