If you ask my kids what my favorite thing to do is, they will probably say, "work." They really are right in some ways. My favorite "work" is digging around in the dirt, planting flowers, pruning raspberries, tilling the garden----so we had the BEST kind of day on Saturday. We followed it with the best kind of fun.
The boys made a fire, we roasted hot dogs, and of course--s'mores. We were all dirty head to toe from pruning, weeding, digging, and playing. I am sure the dirt made the s'mores that much better. We sat around the fire until dark not wanting the day to end. But we were worn out with work and fun. Everyone was showered, and I think
asleep within two minutes of hitting the pillow. We love a day of family work and fun.









1 comment:
Hooray for work! I am the same way. I, too, love to work. I love to play as well, but my play often looks like work. We grew up doing the same thing on most Saturdays. The reward for working hard the whole day was the fun in the afternoon. There is something so satisfying about eating that unevenly cooked hot dog when you are completely pooped.
You are a great example. Let's be neighbors some day.
Post a Comment