Saturday, August 22, 2009

The first 5K

I ran in my first 5K today with a group of friends.
It was so much fun. Most of us have just been running for 6 weeks together and a few weeks back in the training, it was mostly walking! But we did it today!
Side note---most (almost all) of us have had babies in the last 5-24 months, some two within that time! And here we are, taking on running!
Let me tell you..........I have the best friends ever. I am so lucky to be surrounded by such good friends who push me to reach my goals, help me become better, try new things with me!
I would never have kept running all the way today without Nichole running along with me.
All of you are the best! All of you inspire me, and I just love having so many AMAZING friends!
Love you guys...................
Hope you love your pictures!!!!! Thanks to Ryan......
The anxious fans....
And the race begins.....




Heading off around the first bend!



Waving for the camera on our first mile....




starting 2nd mile coming around, still looking good.......feeling pretty good





Nicole and Starlie




Brittney and Jamie


An unidentified person of our group!! : )



Kim and Becky



Here we come around finishing our 2nd mile, heading onto the third--not feeling as FULL of energy!



We did it!!!!



Love our pink shirts????? We will be styling them everywhere from here on out!











3 comments:

David and Kira said...

Congratulations!! I can't believe you already did it. I was thinking it was in Sept or Oct. Feels good to set a goal and accomplish it!

Caleb, Rebecca, Jack and Charlie said...

Caleb said he particularly loves the picture of the kids. And I'm just jealous because I can no longer run. Congratulations!! Love the pink shirts

Anna @Only Pennies in My Pocket said...

YOU ARE MY HERO! Started Couch to 5K this week! My friend from church has talked us into a triathalon next spring...I might die....

Something About Me

IT'S THE LITTLE MOMENTS HERE AND THERE THAT MAKE LIFE WORTH IT! I LIVE FOR THE LITTLE MOMENTS THAT CAN'T BE PREDICTED OR PRODUCED, JUST EXPERIENCED!