Thursday, June 25, 2009

LISTEN faster!

So I am sewing along, finishing up a sample for my Machine Quilting class tonight, when I had the feeling to check on Mark.  I knew he was sleeping, so I thought--I'll go check on him as soon as I finish this up.  Within 3 minutes I was finished.  I set the quilt square with my other things and walked back to Mark's bedroom.  He wasn't in there anymore.  I looked in the bathroom and there he was bending over the garbage can.  I asked him what he was doing, "nothing" of course.  But then it registered in my brain that he looked different and he was holding scissors.  Sure enough, a chopping to the bangs and beyond.








He didn't really like what had happened once I showed him in the mirror.  I just cut his hair last week and had a hard enough time cutting his long blonde hair.  I think I was more sad than he (trying to play it off as angry) that I now had to shave off all of his beautiful blonde.  I should have LISTENED faster!
Oh well, I guess it is just hair.
Good thing he is a boy!
and he still is cute!

4 comments:

Caleb, Rebecca, Jack and Charlie said...

Haha--I guess cutting our own hair runs in the family. Of course, it wasn't as attractive when I cut off my bangs Ü

Mothership said...

Oh, my gosh. I have almost the same story! I was also told to go check on my boy--he was about 2. I delayed a couple of minutes and when I found him, he had drawn with permanant marker all over my wooden kitchen cabinets.

I love that we get help, even with the little things, so we moms don't go crazy. . . if we listen fast enough!

David and Kira said...

Oh yes, be very glad it wasn't ELIZA!! That would have been very SAD!!! Your boys are all getting freckles from being out in the sun, cute and fun times!!

Rich, Britt, Nate, and Tate said...

Oh the fun of kids, his hair cute looks so cute!

Something About Me

IT'S THE LITTLE MOMENTS HERE AND THERE THAT MAKE LIFE WORTH IT! I LIVE FOR THE LITTLE MOMENTS THAT CAN'T BE PREDICTED OR PRODUCED, JUST EXPERIENCED!