Super Friends Finished!
I have always wanted to paint a mural. I watched murals go up around town, looked at murals in other cities, have seen murals online and in magazines, etc. etc. I wanted to try it and see if I could do it. Smaller scale was good for the first try, bedroom wall size (not building size!). I let my kids choose their themes or picture, bought paint, made plans, and then jumped right into it. Don't forget that these pictures weren't all taken today, but over time! The first picture is from today, the final finished product! Now the boys can sleep in their own room ALL NIGHT LONG---because the super friends will protect them!
First, we chose the picture (you see it taped to the wall?)
I take that back, FIRST I painted the wall a new color that would be them primary color of the mural background. Then I penciled on the figures. Then I added stripes with a little painter's tape.
Painted in the stripes with a little help from the bedroom owners. I used interior latex paint for the wall main color, and interior latex paint for the stripes. But now the rest of the mural was paint with craft acrylics (you know the ones in the little bottles at Wal-Mart?). I did order mine online though from an art supply store. But very inexpensive. They are water-based for easy clean-up, and then permanent when dried.
Here comes Batman, Superman, and Green Lantern. I was really surprised how little paint it took to paint on top of the slick wall surface. Much less than when painting a wood craft or something like that with the same paint.
So today, I finished it.
How do you like it, Andrew?
It's good....
That is his only response for his dear mother who just spent hours painting his wall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But then he did like posing with it for pictures!









8 comments:
Wow, Melissa! That is so awesome! You are definetly a well rounded, very talented mom!! It will be so nice to have that room back together I am sure!
Melissa that's awesome! He might not be that excited now... but he will have many memories in that room and remember the mural... HOW COOL!!! I Love it! -Annette Olivieri
That is so cool! Way to go, crazy woman.
BTW, I have the same problem with finishing. Starting is a blast, getting mostly done is satisfying, but finishing? It's too hard to find the time. (:
Andrew's pose definitely made me smile. How cute. You did a great job. Now, what are you working on next?
Great, now my kids can never come to your house again. Otherwise they will want the superfriends on their wall, then what??? You think you have the modest version of Wonderwoman in their room, imagine how modest a stick figure Wonderwoman would be. Hahaha That is so awesome, I'm beginning to think you must have some super powers of your own!
You are incredible. Period. :)
Wow, I have to ask, But is there anything you can not do? I love it, is great! When the boys are old and siting around the kitchen table talking about when they grew up, they WILL remember that painting!
Wow! What a great talent (s) you have! And a workaholic too. We love you. BTW Great talk Sunday! vanae
Post a Comment